Thursday 4 September 2008

I'm Back!

At last I have my computer back and am able to start updating my blog! You'll see my last post was all in Italian - I'd been in touch with a cousin of mine who is the litle girl you'll see in my slideshow of scrapbook pages of when I went to live in Italy (barely started-an ongoing project)! Manuela was only 3 years old back then and she's the daughter of the cousin I lived with in a beautiful little village in the Sardinian mountains called Enas. She is now 33, married and expecting her 2nd baby although sadly she lost her first baby boy when he was only a few weeks old. We keep in touch via email and it's lovely to chat with her, she keeps me updated on what her family is up to!
I've compiled a new slideshow of all the scrapbook pages I've done in the last year or so-not many compared to some peeps on CSF but I seem to take ages over them and lose all sense of time! I find it the most satisfying, relaxing and therapeutic craft I've ever done and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone! The very first scrapbook was the 8x8 album I created as a little tribute or story about my mam, I just wish I'd started something like this when she was alive as maybe she'd have filled in all those gaps I don't know about her life! I've also started doing some of the challenges set by Lesley on CSF as I find it a great help in getting me to try different things on my pages, so these are also pictured in the slideshow, (if you want to see the titles of any pics, just hovver the mouse over them) You'll see I have developed a very distinctive style - fussy and flowery would best describe it! I do tend to like working with 'pretty' things and am not very minimalistic - I like to think of my style as expressing my feelings about the content of the pages, or the mood i was in at the time! I hope you enjoy browsing through the photos, any comments would be appreciated and maybe let me know which ones you like best! You'll see I also have no problem with adding lots of journalling, and I know there's quite a few people out there who find this hard to do. I would say just have a go and write down your thoughts or memories that the pictures bring to mind - you always look at an old photo and think something - so write it down! Even if it's just to say 'what a happy day that was' or 'what a disaster, it poured down'! I often find I'll end up laughing or crying when doing my journalling - but what the heck, It makes me feel better either way!





1 comment:

Ann said...

Welcome back Anna!!!