Sunday 9 March 2008

My First Attempt with Alcohol Inks!


I've had my first try with alcohol inks today! After a couple of go's to get used to what they 'do', I've made this fat page-and to be honest, I'm well chuffed with it! I used acetate and the colours are a set of 3 called Tuscan Garden, which as you can see gave me the idea for my design! I just used one of those little pads for taking make-up off with, scrunched it up a bit, added a drop of all 3 colours and dabbed away - i went over it a couple of times to get the effect i wanted. I'd also bought some 'flower soft pots' (just cos i knew i'd have a use for them even tho i'm not into flower soft at all)! and used a cotton bud to stroke bits of the inks on to change their colour, and defined it with a marker pen. Then i used foam pads to stick them down after i'd 'curved' them a bit round my finger. I used the cotton buds again to dab the inks on another piece of acetate to make the 'geranium' flowers, cut them out and that's it! I'd have loved to have been able to 3-d the flowers too, but couldn't see how without seeing the glue or whatever i'd need to use!

I think i'll give this to my sister after i attach a pice of ribbon to hang it with - (i suppose it'l look a bit like a tile) she'll love it for her kitchen!

10 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Love the effect you have created with the inks ...Hels x

Angelnorth said...

Absolutely gorgeous Anna - I did actually wonder if it was a tile before I read your description so I'm sure it will be perfect in a kitchen. Love the 'geraniums'!

Jo said...

Great effect, perfect for a kitchen me thinks :o)

Claireabelle said...

Anna it's fabulous! Im sure your sister will love it!
xx

glitterthread said...

Hi Anna Love the tile. and i think your sister while be chuffed to own it. cant believe it's your first use of alcohol inks. i never thought to use acitate. neat.
renniemac xx

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful! I love the background effect, your sister will love it. :)

Vanessa.

Ann said...

Brilliant Anna - I love it and I'm sure your sister will too!!! Well done you!! xxx

Andrea said...

this looks just great and now you will get hooked x

golfcitygirl said...

Anna it looks great. Hope you enjoy using the other crafting goodies you bought. It was good to see you again.

Craftyideas said...

Gorgeous love it beautiful alcohol ink effect