Friday 25 January 2008

I've made a few more atc's today, as need to get plenty made for swapping when i go to the SEC and meet with a few friends from the forum!
I received a 'goodie bag' (from another forum member) and I've made some atc's using various items/papers etc from the heap of stuff that was in it!
I've also had a go at making fat book pages, only made 3 so far, but am enjoying doing something new.
My little challenge to myself for the next few days is to use only items from my 'scraps' box!
This is where, after a crafting session, I chuck all the little bits of things that aren't worth putting back into their proper storage areas. Stuff like bits of ribbon, fibres, odd flowers, jewels, beads, diecuts, and of course bits of paper and vellum! It's looking pretty full at the moment, because I had a bit of a tidy round the other day, and found loads more scraps lying around (you know how we don't like to throw anything away) so that's why i thought I'd better start using some of it! Luckily for my atc making, there are some nice bits of papers in there - forgotten about as usual - so at least I'm not cutting into full pages! I allow myself to use stamps & punches, also brads & eyelets - but not anything else unless it's out of the box!
After my lack of inspiration and no inclination at all to craft in the run up to xmas, I'm so pleased it's all come back again - mind you this does mean that whilst I'm crafting, there's no decorating prep being done! My excuse is that the weathers horrible and not really suitable for decorating (do we have 'suitable for decorating weather? lol!) so I stay nice and cosy upstairs in my craft room while the wind and rain are raging outside!
There'll be some pickies to follow shortly - will let you know!

No comments: